BEACON YOUTH PROGRAMS
Beacon youth programs are designed to help participants acquire the skills and attitudes they need to graduate from high school, succeed in their chosen career, and give back to the community. Typical programs are intended to build:
- Academic Enhancement: Activities designed to help with school, including tutoring, homework help, reading clubs, and financial literacy
- Life Skills: Activities designed to increase personal responsibility, self-esteem, and Dep
- Career Awareness/School to Work Transition: Activities designed to educate young people on career opportunities and assist with the transition to work or higher education. Activities include career exploration workshops, work readiness opportunities, help transitioning from middle school to high school and from high school to college/vocational programs.
- Civic Engagement/Community Building: Activities designed to strengthen leadership skills, community awareness, and civic responsibility.
- Recreation/Health & Fitness: Activities designed to promote healthy lifestyles such as cooking programs and organized sports.
- Culture/Art: Activities designed to provide students with opportunities to express themselves through music, dance, photography, and drama.
Beacon youth participate in a variety of activities, including but not limited to organized girls and boys Basketball leagues in partnership with NIKE, Soccer for Success in partnership with U.S. Soccer Foundation, and Summer Cook shops in collaboration with Food Bank for New York City.